If you have been considering a divorce, you may be wondering whether you need to hire a divorce attorney. Whether you seek help from an experienced divorce lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. The outcome of a divorce can dramatically affect the rest of your life, so it is usually advisable to hire an attorney if you believe that your marriage is heading toward divorce.
Although there are many reasons to seek legal advice from a divorce attorney, those listed below are among the most compelling for many people going through the divorce process:
- A divorce attorney can help you reach an agreement with your spouse more quickly.
- A divorce attorney can talk with your spouse and your spouse’s attorney so you do not have to.
- A divorce attorney can advise you about your rights and determine if any special circumstances impact your specific situation.
- A divorce attorney can help you with filing legal forms and dealing with the paperwork associated with divorce.
- A divorce attorney will make sure that you receive a fair outcome and that your rights to benefits such as child support and alimony are not violated.
Because an attorney can take on a lot of the stressful and complex tasks involved in a divorce, a lawyer’s assistance can help to reduce the emotional burden that the process places on the family. Furthermore, in some cases, an adversarial divorce may not be the only possible outcome for a marriage that is coming to an end. An experienced divorce attorney can advise you about other options, such as annulment or collaborative divorce, that may be available to you. Only after hearing about and understanding your case, however, can a lawyer advise you as to what course of action is best for you.
If you are considering filing for divorce, contact the experienced divorce lawyers at the Mark Law Firm. Our attorneys have handled a variety of divorce cases and can help you reach a fair settlement agreement with your spouse.